Thursday, August 21, 2008

His First Day Of Kindergarten


Yesterday Matthew started kindergarten. Everything went very smoothly, with neither of us crying. Kevin got rained out at work so he stayed with the baby so that I could focus on the boy, which was excellent. We hung up his Incredible Hulk backpack and found his seat. The kids at his table were real nice, but I don't know about some of those other ones. Little Gustabo was looking like a little shit- oops, I mean, a delightful little boy? We'll see what happens, but if Gustabo messes with my kid, he's going down.


Today I drove him to school again, but he's going to take the bus home for the first time, too. He's very excited, but I wish we didn't live so far from his school. He's going to spend close to two hours a day just riding the bus to and fro. Before we got the car, I was totally worried about walking him the half mile to the bus stop because there was a vicious looking pit bull that lives down the road. I called the school (and the sheriff) about the dog, but nobody cared too much because the dog belonged to the COP that lives at that house. Now I don't have to worry anyhow, because I'm pretty sure that dog got shot to death when he turned on his owner (the COP, maybe karma does exist after all) and ripped his arm to shreds so that he had to spend a couple of weeks in the hospital in Springfield! Doh.


Met some other parents that seemed pretty nice, which was a bit of a surprise. It's amazing how snooty some folks get when their kids are attending PUBLIC school. I mean, really. It's freaking public school, what do they have to be snooty about?


Anyhow, that's it. The house is soooo quiet, it's almost eerie. Now, though, I'll be able to get some real work down around here! But first, I must take a good, long nap.


zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club! Oh..I remember Kam and Drew's first days of Kindergarten..I cried like a little bitch both times..Should have seen me when I dropped Kam off at the Middle School..ugh! Not pretty!
Anyway, this whole summer I couldn't WAIT for school to start. But when it did, I was like "bring back my babies".
Been a few scrapes with school. Had to go in quite a few times to whoop some ass, and I'm sure there will be plenty more to come. Especially when Tater starts next year..In which I will be a total mess with ALL my kids in school. But I"m sure I'll see him often...in the principals office..little shit..err..I mean, what a joy he is!
I'm totaly just randoming here aren't I?
Anyway, like I said, Welcome to the Club! I hope he loves Kindgergarten as much as my kids did! Now tell him to stop getting bigger cuz this is bullshit! Damn kids and their "having to grow"..pfft

beckyboop said...

Awww. Tell him I'm proud of him and what a big boy he is. Give him, the baby, and Kevin a hug from me.

Sassy said...

Such a good mother you are.

You need time to yourself! And if your son is anything like his mother, he will totally kick some ass in school if anyone messes with him =)

Love you, Hoo!