Thursday, August 14, 2008

Losing My Mind At The Speed Of Light

I'm told that when a person approaches the speed of light, which is to say that a person actually could approach the speed of light somehow, they perceive things as slowing down.

Imagine travelling so fast that it seems as though you've come to a complete stop.

That's the way I feel right now. My thoughts and emotions swirling inside me so fast and furious that I feel a strange, eerie calm.

Like I'm in the eye of the storm.

It's like, some fucking Matrix shit, I'm telling you.

And it's all about...well, that's hard to say, because it's like a stinky, smelly onion with it's many layers making me cry.

This shit is gonna have to come out in segments, or I'll never be able to stop the word vomit.

For right now, though-

it's my mother-in-law. I just don't understand her. The way she is, it makes me sick.

She's not an evil person. She's not even a bad person, she's a good person. I believe this, but

but

what the fuck, Ann?

Why, why, why when I finally reach out to you, like Stephanie said I should cuz she talked to you and just knew things would be different now, why when I finally reach out to you, invite you to sit with your granddaughter and spend time with your grandson, do you tell me that you have a prior commitment on that day so the answer is "no", and don't even ask how the boy is doing or if you could come on another day, just "good luck with that!" is all you said, and that was the end of the conversation?

And it's not about that my mother-in-law has a prior commitment, except that she always has a prior commitment with that certain person who is fully capable of not feeding off of her mommy like a big baby parasite, but that she made a comment about Kevin not ever telling her anything when she calls, and that she didn't so much as ask if she could come another day, or anything like that.

She hasn't seen these kids in almost three fucking months.

And she and that certain somebody are telling Steph what a grudge holding bitch I am, and they just don't know if I'll ever get over shit, but here I fucking am, reaching out to Ann, if not the other one, and it's like I'm asking her the fucking time of day.

Fuck her. I got a clock.

But really, it has me fucked up. I can't take her bullshit anymore. She can't remember my daughter's name, she can't remember that it's not my baby with the acid reflux problem but her other granddaughter, and she apparently couldn't care less about what happens with me because Kevin doesn't want to spend an hour on the phone talking to her.

But he will talk to her. I'm telling him tonight to call her, and let her know how it really is, and if he doesn't do it, it'll be his balls.

His balls, baby. (that was Planet Terror reference)

5 comments:

Sassy said...

Oh my Hoo. What I wouldn't give for you to live in Indiana.

Ann needs bitchslapped! She has two beautiful grandchildren that she doesn't deserve. I'm sorry you reached out to her and she had to be a BITCH.

As for Kevin's balls...you will hang them from your rearview mirror..right? :D

Glad you are back! Love you!

Sassy said...

BTW, I know that eye of the storm feeling so well...

call me if you need me, ok?

Anonymous said...

I hear ya sista..TRUST me, I know what where you are coming from. My inlaws (thankfully NOT my mother in law..I swear, this woman is a saint and I love her to pieces)...my inlaws are nothing but 2faced hypocrites who preach the word of God, yet talk smack about you behind your back. For years, my grandmother in law has said shit about me. Stuck her nose in where it doesn't belong,would go the extra mile to drive to Wisconsin to see her grandkids, but not stop in our town which was literally on the way, to see my kids, but to my face, she was nice..idk..
Anyway, what's my point? Oh..my point is this...
There comes a time when you gotta say FUCK THEM!
Fuck what they say
Fuck what they do
Because otherwise hon, you are gona drive yourself insane trying to please everyone. It does not matter what you do or what you say. So..FUCK THEM!
It's your life. Don't let them bring you down. I've spent years of my life doing that shit and it's not done anything but hurt ME. You got to show your children how to be the bigger person.
I got news for Ann..she isn't fooling anyone. People can see right thru bullshit like hers. Eventually, it will bite her in the ass. She'll need those kids one day, and they will remember how she treated them and you.
My God, I wrote a novel.
Glad you are back Holly. Wouldn't mind seein Kevin's balls in a frame. That would be cool.

Sassy said...

Yeah what Jess said. Now time for MY novel hehe...

My mother and grandmother..hmm. Well, every time I call them and need them they talk about my sister "your sister this, your sister that" it's always been that way. I didn't matter, but she did. So I can just imagine what it would be like if I had kids. Her kids, her kids, her kids, mine wouldn't mean shit. I used to have to KISS their ass, and my sister's for them to even LIKE me. Eventually, after many years I said FUCK that. Me and my sister finally have a relationship and they can't stand it!

Growing up, out of all of the grandkids...my grandmother said I would be the one to get pregnant, I would be the one to quit school, I wouldn't make anything of myself, etc. I graduated high school, and I STILL don't have any children. I proved them bitches wrong!

Now they sit and wonder why I don't call and come around much. Hmm...I wonder.

Anyways, I don't know what the hell I'm saying. But don't you worry your pretty little self about it, Hoo. You know why? Because that bitch ain't shit!

I love you!

P.S. I did some voodoo last night, Ann will soon have crotch rot...

beckyboop said...

Try to take it easy on Kevin. He is a good man. Those are few and far between. I'm not sure Kevin's words have the power to change his mother. Ann is fucked up. Kinda like my Mom. I feel betrayed by the things she does. She will never change. I love her anyway. Because of her actions, we can never be as close as a mother and daughter should be. Kevin will say something when he is ready. Love him like there is no tomorrow. It isn't his fault he has a fucked up mother and sister.