Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Spring Maze Escape

Spring has sprung. It's a cool morning and the tears are hot on my face. 

I'm at a crossroads. 

Again. 

Life doesn't seem so much like a journey along a winding path as it does a maze. Towering walls I can't see through, can't climb over. 

I guess that makes me a rat. Except I'm not as smart as a rat.

I don't know which direction to head in. I don't know how close I am to solving the maze, if at all. The exit could be around the next corner but I wouldn't know.

I'm tired. Bone weary of it all.

So I'll just sit here, not knowing where to go next. Tired and not knowing if I have the strength to move forward even if I did know where to go.

It's lonely here. I'm sleepy. I just want to rest.

I want to close my eyes while the maze walls dissolve around me, leaving me to float among the stars, unbound. 

Untethered.

Lost, perhaps, but free of those walls, at least.

Refuge in escape.

It's the last hope I have, driven by despair from the whole of my being. All of my failures and my successes. All of my ignorance and all my knowledge, too.

It's all I have left to hope for right now, at this moment in time, at yet another crossroads in the maze.

No comments: